Happy Almost Valentine's Day!
I baked a new grain free, gluten free, paleo banana bread recipe the other day. It was quick, easy, and sweet. (Kinda like me - haha!) I don't necessarily do a ton of paleo or grain free baking, but after baking with a new gluten-free flour blend that I wasn't too impressed with last week, I decided to try a banana bread sans flour.
You can choose to include the chocolate chips or leave them out. I have a few bags of Lily's Chocolate Chips leftover from when they were on sale at Whole Foods over the holidays. Because this recipe is not too sweet, I think the chocolate chips as a nice touch.
I didn't want to make a huge loaf, so this one is actually half size. Feel free to double the recipe and adjust the cooking time to cook for closer to 45-50 minutes. You could also bake it in a mini loaf pan instead of the usual 8" or 9" loaf pan.
Also, it's worth noting that I purchased all of these ingredients at Trader Joe's. I love that store! I get everything from avocados to my face lotion to flowers there.
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
Makes one small loaf
- 2 rotten bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon basking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon basking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Lily's Chocolate Chips (or your favorite brand of mini chocolate chips)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- In a blend, blend together the rotten bananas, and oil. Once combined add the coconut sugar and vanilla.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl. Stir until just combined. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Grease the baking pan. Pour the batter into the pan. Top with sliced banana.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for about an hour. Slice and enjoy!
Please let me know if you try out the banana bread. Enjoy!